Delta States Rural Development Network Grant Program
The Delta States Rural Development Network Grant Program funds the development of integrated healthcare networks located in the Delta States to address unmet local healthcare needs and prevalent health disparities, focusing on improving population health.
Applicants are required to propose projects focused on:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Acute ischemic stroke
Programs should also include activities focused on producing changes in wellness screening measures in addition to one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge - Understanding of effective self-management strategies, understanding of key disease risk factors, and/or prevention strategies
- Attitudes - Increased self-efficacy in prevention or self-management strategies
- Behaviors - Such as increase in level of physical activity, increase intake of fruits and vegetables, HIV medication adherence
- Policies and procedures - Such as improved health care services delivery model, changes to school physical activity and/or cafeteria policies, HIV
- Systems - Improved coordination among health and social services agencies
Because individuals who live with chronic disease are at risk for comorbidities such as depression and other mental health conditions, applicants are encouraged to include activities addressing mental health and substance use disorder, including opioid use disorder.
- Be located in a rural county or eligible rural census tract
- Be rural public and nonprofit private entities including faith-based and community organizations
- Be part of a consortium with at least 2 additional organizations. These two other organizations can be rural, urban, nonprofit or for-profit. The consortium must include at least 3 or more healthcare providers.
- Have not previously received a Delta grant for the same or similar project unless the applicant is proposing to expand the scope of the project or the area that will be served through the project
Estimated award amount: $56,604 per eligible county/parish per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 12
Estimated total program funding: $12,000,000
According to the application instructions:
"The FY2020 President's Budget does not request funding for this program. This notice is a contingency action taken to ensure that, should funds become available for this purpose, HRSA can process applications and award funds in a timely manner. You should note that this program may be cancelled prior to award."
Applicants are required to notify the appropriate State Office of Rural Health (SORH) of an intent to apply to this program. A copy of the letter of intent sent to the SORH and any response received must be included as an attachment to the application.
It is also highly recommended that applicants notify the Delta Regional Authority of their intent to apply.
Applicant webinar recording
Playback number: 866.484.6430
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.