Minnesota Home and Community-Based Services Scholarship Grant Program
Minnesota Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Scholarship program provides grants to home and community-based services providers in Minnesota to support scholarship programs for their employees.
Eligible courses of study for scholarship recipients include trainings, workshops, and degree programs directly related to the delivery of patient or client care in home and community-based services settings.
Training areas include:
- CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Social Work
- TMA (trained medical assistant) certification
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Client care-related trainings above and beyond those required for licensure of the organization
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Training for medical care interpreter services
- Job-related English as a Second Language
In addition to tuition, scholarship funds may also cover:
- Course-related textbooks and fees
- Childcare expenses while the employee is attending classes
- Mileage reimbursement
- Training consultant fees
Eligible applicants must be located in Minnesota and:
- Primarily provide services in home and community-based settings to individuals who are 65 years of age or older
- Be one of the following providers:
- Housing with Services establishment as defined in MN Statute 144D.01
- Adult Day Care facility as defined in MN Statute 245A.02
- Home Care Services providers as defined in MN Statute 144A.43, subd. 3
- Offer an in-house employee scholarship program to its staff, or be developing a scholarship program as part of this grant
Applicants with more than 200 scholarship-eligible employees may request up to $90,000. Applicants with fewer than 200 scholarship-eligible employees may request up to $70,000.
Award floor: $20,000
Total funding available: $1,450,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.