North Carolina Rural Health Centers Program - Medical Access Plan, Innovation and Planning and Implementation Grants
The North Carolina Office of Rural Health provides funding for state-designated rural health centers which provide access to underserved populations who would otherwise be unable to receive needed primary care services due to geographic, economic, or other barriers.
There are three funding options currently available:
- Medical Access Plan (MAP) - A sliding fee scale program that helps low-income residents of North Carolina access primary healthcare services when they meet specified financial criteria and do not have primary healthcare coverage.
Innovation Projects focused on:
- Becoming recognized as a National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient Centered Medical Home
- Creation and implementation of technological infrastructure to improve quality of and enhance access to care
- Projects that improve the practice's efficiencies, effectiveness, transformation, sustainability, quality or access to care
- Hiring or retaining professional services, including but not limited to legal aid, actuarial services, and other professional services deemed necessary
- Planning and Implementation Projects - Creating or implementing a community development plan that supports long-term sustainability of the rural health center
Applicants may apply for multiple funding options within the same application.
MAP and Innovation Project: Office of Rural Health and Community Care state-designated, 501(c)(3) rural health center.
Planning and Implementation Projects: Organizations deemed by ORHCC as a state-designated rural health center on or after July 1, 2015.
The maximum total for each grant award is dependent upon demonstrated need at the rural health center and is contingent upon funding availability.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.