Request for Proposals from Indian Tribes and Intertribal Consortia for Nonpoint Source Management Grants Under Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 319
This program provides funding to develop and/or implement watershed-based plans and on-the-ground projects that will result in significant steps towards solving Nonpoint Source (NPS) water quality impairments on a watershed-wide basis.
Examples of eligible project activities include:
- Road stabilization or removal
- Planting on the banks of rivers and streams (riparian planting)
- Streambank stabilization
- Natural water channel restoration
- Development of low impact storm water management practices
- Livestock exclusion fencing
- Nutrient or grazing management practices
- NPS ordinance development
- Septic system rehabilitation
- Project monitoring
- Development of a watershed-based plan
- Materials, education, and outreach
To be eligible to apply, tribes and intertribal consortia must must have met all of the following eligibility requirements as of October 11, 2019:
- Be federally recognized
- Have an EPA-approved NPS assessment report in accordance with CWA section 319(a)
- Have an EPA-approved NPS management program in accordance with CWA section 319(b)
- Have "treatment-in-a-manner-similar-to-a-state" (TAS) status in accordance with CWA section 518(e)
Award ceiling: $100,000
Estimated number of awards: 25
Project period: Up to 4 years
Total Program Funding: $2,500,000
The program requires a non-federal cost share/match of 40% of the total project cost. The match may be provided through cash or in-kind contributions. EPA may decrease the match requirement to as low as 10% if the applicant can demonstrate a hardship submitted in writing to the appropriate regional administrator. Additional guidance on cost sharing is available in the application instructions.
Links to the program guidance and online application process are available on grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.