Hillman Innovations in Care Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Application: May 2, 2023
The Hillman Innovations in Care Program will focus on advancing innovative, nursing-driven models of care designed to improve the health and healthcare of marginalized populations, including:
- People who are economically disadvantaged
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)
- People who identify as LGBQT+
- Individuals who are homeless
- Low income rural populations
- Refugee and immigrant populations
- Other marginalized populations
The program seeks proposals for bold, nursing-driven models of care that:
- Challenge conventional strategies for delivering and improving care to marginalized populations
- Narrow gaps in health equity
- Demonstrate potential as a best-in-class intervention
- Present strong preliminary evidence
- Show potential for broad replicability
Additional priority consideration will be given to proposals that include one or more of the following:
- Build trust and credibility in programs or systems of care
- Strong partnerships with community organizations
- Engagement of patients, caregivers, and communities in the design of the intervention
- Inter-sectoral, inter-agency, and multidisciplinary collaboration including investigators from different disciplines
- Investigators from diverse backgrounds or with diverse life experiences
- Methodologies and metrics for advancing health equity
- Measurable goals and outcomes
Eligible applicants include:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are not classified as private foundations
- International organizations that are the equivalent of U.S. 501(c)(3) organizations that are submitting a project that focuses within the United States
- Government entities
- Faith-based organizations that welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious belief
The Foundation welcomes applications from institutions and care settings from across the spectrum of care, and from practitioners representing a diverse range of backgrounds.
Award ceiling: $600,000
Project period: 3 years
Number of Awards: 2
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application portal are available on the program website.
Submit the online letter of intent by February 28, 2023. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of May 2, 2023.
January 24, 2023
1:00 p.m. Eastern
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.