North Carolina Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP) Grant
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
North Carolina Office of Rural Health
The North Carolina Small Rural Hospital Improvement
Program Grant (SHIP) helps small, rural hospitals in
North Carolina with 49 beds or fewer to make improvements
in the value and quality to healthcare, such as
value-based purchasing (VBP), accountable care
organization (ACO), and payment bundling (PB).
Funds may be used for a contractor to work with state SHIP
- Ensure SHIP hospitals implement and/or participate in
- Ensure SHIP hospitals report on required performance
- Ensure each SHIP hospital receives a maximum $12,542
in technical assistance or activities
- Monthly tracking and reporting on progress in
achieving the agreed-upon deliverables
- Track and report each participating hospital's
status. Report successful completion of performance
measures and achievements of target goals.
- Facilitate group activities to provide technical
assistance and project sharing between SHIP hospitals
- Develop a statewide project to benefit all hospitals
equally with documents information, if any hospitals
choose to forgo funds/projects
- Convene small rural hospitals at least once annually
for support and training
- Submit monthly expense reports to document grant
activities and submit a mid-annual and annual report of
North Carolina SHIP hospitals
Any organization that employs experienced staff to
provide quality and operational technical assistance to
small and rural hospitals in North Carolina.
Amount of funding
Award ceiling: $401,352 per year
Accountable Care Organizations · Healthcare business and finance · Healthcare quality · Hospitals · Service delivery models · North Carolina
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.