Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project
The Rural Emergency Medical Communications Demonstration Project (REMCDP) will provide funding to a public or state controlled institution of higher education for a demonstration project addressing rural emergency medical communications. The project's intent is to examine communication barriers and identify solutions that enhance existing emergency communications infrastructure, which will then inform planning and coordination of emergency response across multiple jurisdictions in rural areas to support the Department of Homeland Security’s National Emergency Communications Plan.
Applicants should demonstrate how the proposed project will address the following REMCDP objectives:
- Use of a current statewide emergency communications system to deliver rural medical care and services
- Development of trainings and exercises to ensure that rural emergency responders and personnel can use emergency medical communications systems and equipment effectively
- Collaborate with non-medical professionals and emergency communications stakeholders that use emergency medical communications
- Ensure that emergency responders and medical practitioners can communicate in rural, underserved communities, as needed and when authorized
- Develop concepts for inclusion of rural medical care and emergency communications support as a component of the National Emergency Communications Plan
- Identify, document, and share lessons learned and best practices of the demonstration project
Applicants must be public or state controlled institutions of higher education that operate or have access to an existing statewide emergency communications system that is leveraged to address rural health disparities. The applicant must also be an emergency communications center.
There will be a single award of up to $2,000,000 for a 24 month project period.
Links to the full announcement and online application procedures are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.