Distance Learning and Telemedicine Program Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Online contact form
The Distance Learning and Telemedicine (DLT) Program provides grants to encourage and improve telemedicine and distance learning services in rural areas through the use of telecommunications, computer networks, and related advanced technologies to be used by students, teachers, medical professionals, and rural residents.
Grants are for projects where the benefit is primarily delivered to end users that are not at the same location as the source of the education or healthcare service.
Grant funds may be used to:
- Acquire equipment and other capital assets:
- Broadband facilities
- Audio, video, and interactive video equipment
- Terminal and data terminal equipment
- Computer hardware, network components, and software
- Inside wiring and similar infrastructure that further DLT services
- Acquire instructional programming
- Acquire technical assistance and instruction for using eligible equipment
Eligible applicants include entities that provide education or healthcare through telecommunications, including:
- State and local government entities
- Federally-recognized tribes
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit businesses
- Consortia of eligible entities
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Award floor: $50,000
A 15% non-federal match is required.
In fiscal year 2023, $12,000,000 of the total program funding will be set aside for projects that address substance use disorder and opioid misuse in rural communities.
Links to additional guidance and application instructions are available on the program website.
- USDA Rural Utilities Service, view details
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, view details
- USDA Rural Development, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.