Environmental Justice Small Grants Program - Tribal Governments
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Office of International and Tribal Affairs:
Program lead and general contact
Office of Environmental Justice (OEJ):
OEJ grants program manager
OEJ tribal and indigenous peoples program manager
The 2022 Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) Program opportunity is limited to federally recognized tribal governments to establish or modify public participation programs where fair treatment and meaningful participation priorities have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
All proposed projects should include strategies for:
- Establishing or modifying public participation programs
- Addressing local environmental and public health issues
- Educating and empowering the community about environmental issues
- Approaches to building consensus and setting community priorities through public participation programs
Eligible applicants include federally recognized tribal governments.
Award Ceiling: $100,000
Expected Number of Awards: 16-20
Total Program Funding: $1,600,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov and the program website.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.