Technical Assistance for Tribal Domestic Violence Programs and Shelters
National Indigenous Women's Resource Center
The National Indigenous Women's Resource Center will
provide up to 2.5 days of on-site or virtual technical
assistance for tribal domestic violence programs and
shelters to build tribal capacity to respond to domestic
violence; strengthen advocacy; and improve services for
survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking,
dating violence, and sex trafficking.
Technical assistance is available on a wide range of
- Program development/staff development
- Strategic planning
- Shelter development and/or meeting safe housing
needs, including transitional housing
- Development of trauma-informed responses, policies,
- Incorporating community organizing, community
awareness, and education initiatives
- Developing policies and/or practices to meet the
needs of domestic violence survivors experiencing mental
health issues and/or substance abuse
- Strengthening and restoring coordinated community
- Creating strategies to address child welfare in the
context of domestic violence
- Promoting advocacy/awareness in working with health
- Safety and technology practices and policies
- Research for tribal communities, including data
collection and program evaluation
- Strategies & policies for working with the LGBTQ2S
community in the context of domestic violence
- Pandemic or disaster relief
All onsite visits will be scheduled from March 1 through
August 31, 2023.
Tribal domestic violence programs and shelters are eligible to apply.
Amount of funding
This is a technical assistance opportunity.
Abuse and violence · American Indian or Alaska Native · Child welfare · HIV and AIDS · Housing and homelessness · Mental health · Research methods and resources · Substance use and misuse · Technology for health and human services · Trauma-informed care · Women
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.