Technical Assistance for Tribal Domestic Violence Programs and Shelters
The National Indigenous Women's Resource Center will provide up to 3 days of on-site or virtual technical assistance for tribal domestic violence programs and shelters to build tribal capacity to respond to domestic violence; strengthen advocacy; and improve services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, dating violence, and sex trafficking.
Technical assistance is available on a wide range of topics, including:
- Strategy development to address tribal justice and jurisdictional issues
- Program development/staff development
- Strategic planning
- Shelter development and/or meeting safe housing needs
- Development of trauma-informed responses, policies, and procedures
- Developing community organizing, community awareness, and education initiatives
- Developing policies and/or practices to meet the needs of domestic violence survivors experiencing mental health issues and/or substance abuse
- Strengthening and restoring coordinated community responses
- Strategies addressing the intersections of domestic violence and HIV/AIDS
- Creating strategies to address child welfare in the context of domestic violence
- Promoting awareness in working with healthcare systems
- Prevention and intervention strategies
- Safety and technology practices and policies
- Research for tribal communities, including data collection and program evaluation
- Strategies and policies for working with the LGBTQ2S community in the context of domestic violence
All onsite visits will be scheduled from January 1 through August 31, 2022.
This is a technical assistance opportunity.
4-6 tribal organizations will be selected to receive up to 3 days of direct on-site or virtual technical assistance.
Complete the online form to apply.
Email a member of the technical assistance team for additional information.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.