American Hospital Association Health Care Transformation Fellowship
The AHA Health Care Transformation Fellowship is an intensive, 9 month fellowship program to provide healthcare leaders with information and skills to implement innovative healthcare delivery and payment system models.
Topics will include:
- Clinician alignment and leadership
- New care delivery models
- Navigating financial risk in the volume to value transition
- Population health management
- Integration of health information technology
- Evolving partnerships with payers, employers, community organizations, and other nontraditional players
The key components of the fellowship will include:
- Three (3), 2-day in-person learning retreats
- Special projects designed to address the transformational needs of the fellow's organization
- Resources and tools, including print information, a dedicated website, email list, and social networking group
- Coaching calls and webinars
Required attendance dates are listed in the application instructions.
Candidates for the fellowship include chief-level executives, senior vice presidents, and vice presidents from the following disciplines:
- Clinical leadership
- Population health
Historically, participants have included state hospital associations, as well as organizations from a range of rural and urban geographies, such as:
- Large health systems
- Stand-alone hospitals
- Academic medical centers
- Critical access hospitals
- Nonprofit hospitals
- For-profit hospitals
Tuition cost is $19,500 per organization. Space is limited to 20 organizations.
Tuition discounts may be available for small organizations. Contact HCTfellowship@aha.org for information about discounts.
Tuition covers one individual (the fellow) from each organization. The fellow may bring up to 3 colleagues to each of the learning retreats.
- All program materials for learning retreats and webinars
- Registration for the 2017 Association for Community Health Improvement National Conference in Denver
- Registration for the 2017 Health Forum and the American Hospital Association Leadership Summit in San Diego
- Meals during learning retreats
- Various professional development opportunities
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.