Hazardous Waste Management Grant Program for Tribes
This program provides grants to federally-recognized tribes and intertribal consortia for the development and implementation of hazardous waste programs and for building capacity to address hazardous waste management on tribal lands.
Projects must address "cradle to grave" waste management, such as:
- Hazardous waste identification
- Hazardous waste generator siting, monitoring, and compliance
- Hazardous waste minimization and recycling, as well as the management of used oil and universal wastes
- Hazardous waste transportation
- Treatment, storage, and disposal facility siting, permitting, monitoring, corrective action, and enforcement
- Land disposal restrictions
Specific examples of program activities are provided in the application instructions.
Eligible applicants are federally-recognized tribes and intertribal consortia.
Award ceiling: $98,000
Estimated number of awards: 3
Project period: 1 year
Estimated total program funding: $294,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.