Pennsylvania Research Grant and Mini Grant Programs
Application: Aug 27, 2018
Mary Kandray Gelenser
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania provides grants for rural policy research. Research topic areas include:
- Rural people and communities
- Health and welfare
- Community services
- Economic development
- Natural resources and the environment
- Rural values and social change
- Educational outreach
- Local government finance and administration
One year research grants will be awarded to conduct applied policy research or to identify local strategies that can result in legislative or program policy considerations and recommendations.
Rural health related priority research topics include:
- Examination of employment and housing barriers and opportunities for rural Pennsylvanians with felony convictions
- Attitudinal survey of rural Pennsylvanians
- Options for transportation models to serve rural communities
- Analysis of the demand for fixed high-speed broadband services in rural Pennsylvania
- Examination of free community college tuition
Nine month mini grants will be awarded to projects that focus on basic data collection and analysis, time-sensitive issues, and/or the preparation of reference materials.
Rural health related priority mini grant topics include:
- Availability of hospice and palliative care in rural Pennsylvania
- Examination of the impact of population change on workforce sustainability
Eligible applicants are qualified faculty members of Pennsylvania State University, the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education universities, and the regional campuses of the University of Pittsburgh. Partnerships with other academic institutions, community organizations, and public and private agencies are encouraged.
Research grants: Up to $50,000
Mini grants: Up to $15,000
Links to additional guidance and application forms are available on the program website.
Submit a letter of intent by May 21, 2018. The letter may be submitted by fax to 717.772.3587, by email to email@example.com, or by mail to:
Mary Kandray Gelenser
Program Manager for Grants
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania
625 Forster St., Room 902
Harrisburg, PA 17120
Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal with a deadline of August 27, 2018.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.