Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant
This program offers grants to intermediary organizations to provide technical assistance and training for rural organizations and agencies to identify and plan for community facility needs that exist in their area.
Funds may be used to:
- Assist communities in identifying and planning for community facility needs
- Identify resources to finance community facility needs from public and private sources
- Prepare reports and surveys needed to request financial assistance to develop community facilities
- Prepare applications for USDA financial assistance
- Improve the management, including financial management, related to the operation of community facilities
Discretionary points will be awarded to applications that address USDA's goal to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) in high-risk rural communities by strengthening the capacity to address one or more of the following focus areas at the community, county, state, and/or regional levels:
- Prevention: Reducing the occurrence of Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) among new and at-risk users as well as fatal substance-related overdoses through community and provider education, and harm reduction measures including the strategic placement of overdose reversing devices, such as naloxone
- Treatment: Implementing or expanding access to evidence-based practices for Substance Use Disorder (including opioid misuse) treatment such as medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Recovery: Expanding peer recovery and treatment options that help people start and stay in recovery
Eligible applicants include:
- Public bodies
- Nonprofit organizations
- Federally recognized tribes
Award ceiling: $150,000
Matching funds are not required, but preference is given to applications with a cash match.
The deadline for electronic applications through grants.gov is April 30, 2020, and the deadline for receipt of paper applications is May 5, 2020.
February 20, 2020 Federal Register Announcement: Announcement of the Availability of Disaster Relief Act 2019 Grant Funds for current recipients of the Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant. Submit supplemental funding applications by April 30, 2020.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.