California Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Program: Primary Care Residency
The Song-Brown Healthcare Workforce Training Program provides grants to support primary care residency training programs in California, including family medicine, internal medicine, OB/GYN, and pediatrics.
Competitive proposals will demonstrate a commitment to:
- Attracting and admitting under-represented minorities and those from underserved communities
- Training students in underserved areas
- Placing graduates in underserved areas
A list of questions to determine eligibility and program type is available in the application instructions.
A total of $33,000,000 is available to support training programs.
For existing primary care residency (PCR)
- $125,000 per first year slot
- May apply for 5 slots
Teaching health center existing PCR
- $170,000 per first year slot
- No maximum number of slots
PCR expansion slots for existing
- $300,000 per first year slot
- May apply for 3 slots
New PCR programs:
- Maximum award $800,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.