Brownfield Revolving Loan Fund Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
A list of regional agency contacts is available in Section VII of the application instructions.
This program provides grants to eligible agencies to capitalize a revolving loan fund that will provide loans and subgrants to eligible entities to carry out cleanup activities at brownfield sites contaminated with hazardous substances and/or petroleum.
A revolving loan fund grant recipient must use 50% or more of the awarded funds for loans, and grantees may not subgrant to themselves. Additional requirements are listed in the application instructions.
A critical part of EPA's Brownfield program is to ensure that residents living in communities historically affected by economic disinvestment, health disparities, and environmental contamination are able to benefit from brownfield redevelopment.
In addition to the revolving loan fund grant, there are 2 other funding opportunities.
Eligible applicants include:
- State, local, and tribal governments, with the exception of certain Alaskan tribes
- General purpose units of local government
- Land clearance authorities, or other quasi-governmental entities
- Regional councils or redevelopment agencies
- Government entities created by state legislature
- Alaska Native Regional Corporations, Alaska Native Village Corporations, and Metlakatla Indian Communities
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Limited liability corporations or partnerships in which all general partners are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or limited liability corporations whose sole members are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Qualified community development entities
Specific eligibility requirements are listed in the application instructions.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Award floor: $800,000
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards:108
Estimated total program funding: $10,000,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.