California Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant
The California Farm and Ranch Solid Waste Cleanup and Abatement Grant provides funding for the cleanup of illegal solid waste sites on farm or ranch property in California.
Eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Waste removal and disposal
- Drainage control and grading improvement
- Slope and foundation stabilization
- Public education
- Removal of chlorofluorocarbons
Eligible applicants are limited to:
- Resource conservation districts
- Federally recognized tribes
Sites may be eligible for grant funding if the property meets all of the following criteria:
- Unauthorized solid waste disposal has occurred on a farm or ranch parcel
- The property is in need of cleanup to abate a nuisance or public health and safety threat and/or a threat to the environment
- The owner is not responsible for the illegally disposed waste
- The property is zoned or otherwise authorized for agricultural activities
Grants are limited to $50,000 per cleanup or abatement project, with a limit of $200,000 per year for each eligible applicant.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.