Treatment for Individuals with Serious Mental Illness, Serious Emotional Disturbance or Co-Occurring Disorders Experiencing Homelessness
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
LCDR Katie Hager
For fiscal or budget questions:
For grant review process and application status
This program (Short Title: Treatment for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness) provides grants to support the direct provision of comprehensive, coordinated, and evidenced-based services for individuals, youth, and families with a serious mental illness (SMI), serious emotional disturbance (SED) or co-occurring disorder (COD) who are experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of homelessness.
Funding will support the following service activity types:
- Integrated behavioral health treatment and other recovery-support services
- Efforts to engage and connect clients to enrollment resources for health insurance, Medicaid, and mainstream benefits, such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), SSI/SSDI Outreach Access and Recovery (SOAR) Program
- Coordination of housing and services that support sustainable permanent housing
Additional expectations and required activities are listed in the application instructions.
Grantees will be expected to develop and implement an impact statement/action plan to enhance equity for populations that experience behavioral health disparities, including rural and tribal communities.
Eligible applicants include:
- State and territories, including the District of Columbia
- Political subdivisions of states
- Tribal organizations
- Health facilities
- Programs operated by or in accordance with a contract or award with the Indian Health Service
- Public and private nonprofit entities
Award ceiling: $1,000,000 per year for
states and territories and $500,000 for other
Project period: Up to 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 21
Estimated total program funding: $15,842,993
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and online application procedures are available through grants.gov.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.