Wisconsin Community Impact Grant Program
Application: Nov 17, 2021
The Community Impact Grant Program provides funding to advance health equity in Wisconsin communities through support for large-scale, evidence-informed, community-academic partnership initiatives that address the social determinants of health. Projects must also address the impacts of COVID-19 on communities and populations hardest hit by the pandemic, including families who have experienced deaths from COVID, adolescents, racial and ethnic minority groups, and rural communities with less access to healthcare and health insurance.
In addition to receiving grant funding, program participants will engage in a learning collaborative.
Additional goals and expectations are provided in the application instructions.
Community partners must:
- Be Wisconsin-based, nonprofit, tax exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations, K-12 schools or districts, or tribal or government agencies
- Have an established community-academic partnership
- Actively participate in an existing coalition or network, committed to helping advance the goals of the proposed initiative
- Have the financial capacity to oversee and manage the project, defined as having a current annual budget of $500,000 or more
Academic partners must meet one of the following criterion:
- UW School of Medicine and Public Health tenure-track, clinical/health sciences, or clinician-teacher faculty
- UW-Madison faculty, academic staff or emeritus professor with approval of a department chair or center director, and have or acquire Principal Investigator status
- Other UW System faculty or academic staff, including UW Extension, with principal investigator status with an institutional review board of record
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 3
There is a 2-stage application process. The online application must be completed by August 16, 2021. Selected applicants will be invited to give a presentation to the Oversight and Advisory Committee on November 17, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.