Rural Health Care Telecommunications (Telecom) Program
Online contact form
The Telecommunications (Telecom) Program is a component program of the FCC's Rural Health Care Program. It provides funding to eligible healthcare providers for eligible expenses related to telecommunications services necessary for the provision of healthcare.
A healthcare provider must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Must fall under one of the healthcare provider
categories listed below:
- Post-secondary educational institutions offering healthcare instruction, including teaching hospitals and medical schools
- Community health centers and health centers providing healthcare to migrants
- Local health departments and agencies
- Community mental health centers
- Nonprofit hospitals
- Rural health clinics, including mobile clinics and dedicated emergency departments in rural for-profit hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Must be a public or nonprofit entity
- Must be located in a rural area
The Telecom Program subsidizes the difference between urban and rural rates for eligible telecommunications services.
To apply, follow the step-by-step process below. Visit the program website for additional details.
- Determine eligibility using FCC Form 465
- Request services through the competitive bidding process by completing FCC Form 465 and posting it to USAC's website for a minimum of 28 days.
- Evaluate bids received and select the most cost-effective service provider.
- Submit funding request by filing the FCC Form 466 through the online application system (My Portal) by the deadline.
- Review the funding commitment letter from USAC and certify connection by submitting FCC Form 467.
- The service provider will complete the invoicing process.
To learn more about the program, visit the Rural Health Care assistance page.
Office hours webinar
March 22, 2023
1:00 - 2:00 p.m. Central
- USAC Rurality Tier Search Tool, view details
- Universal Service Administrative Company, view details
- Federal Communications Commission, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.