Rural Health Care Telecommunications Program
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Rural Health Care Telecommunications Program provides assistance to healthcare providers for eligible expenses related to broadband connectivity based on the urban-rural price difference in an area.
Rural public or nonprofit healthcare providers (HCPs) are eligible. Use the USAC Eligible Rural Areas Search to determine if an organization is located in an eligible rural area.
Eligible entities include:
- Post-secondary educational institutions offering healthcare instruction, such as teaching hospitals or medical schools,
- Community health centers or health centers providing healthcare to migrants
- Local health departments or agencies
- Community mental health centers
- Nonprofit hospitals
- Rural health clinics, including mobile clinics
- Dedicated emergency rooms of rural for-profit hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities
Rural rate calculation is based on the rules described in the urban and rural rate information document.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.