Rural Health Care Telecommunications Program
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Rural Health Care (RHC) Telecommunications Program provides assistance to healthcare providers for eligible expenses related to telecommunications and voice services for the use of telemedicine and telehealth.
Rural public or nonprofit healthcare providers (HCPs) are eligible.
Eligible entities include:
- Post-secondary educational institutions offering healthcare instruction, such as teaching hospitals or medical schools,
- Community health centers or health centers providing healthcare to migrants
- Local health departments or agencies
- Community mental health centers
- Nonprofit hospitals
- Rural health clinics, including mobile clinics
- Dedicated emergency rooms of rural for-profit hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities
- A consortium of healthcare providers that includes at least one of the facilities mentioned above
Rural rate calculation for voice and data is determined using an urban/rural differential.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.