North Carolina Open Grants Program
The Golden LEAF Foundation Open Grants Program provides funding for projects that strengthen North Carolina’s long-term economy, especially in tobacco-dependent, economically distressed, and/or rural communities.
Priority is given to the focus areas:
- Economic development
- Workforce preparedness
- Community vitality
The program invests in healthcare as an economic engine, and priority outcome metrics related to healthcare include:
- Jobs retained and created
- New wages paid
- Number of non-emergency room patient visits
- Number of rural healthcare facilities with improved financial condition
- Students trained and earned industry credential/certification
- Students employed in field of study
- Dollars invested in public infrastructure
- Broadband access
- Investment in privately-owned property and equipment
Eligible applicants are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and government entities.
Applications are accepted from all communities in North Carolina, but funded projects must benefit tobacco-dependent, economically distressed, and/or rural communities.
Up to $200,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.