Mental Health Awareness Training Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
For fiscal or budget questions:
For grant review process and application status
The purpose of the Mental Health Awareness Training Grant program is to:
- Train individuals, such as school personnel, emergency services personnel, law enforcement, veterans, armed services members and their families, to recognize the signs and symptoms of mental disorders and how to safely de-escalate crisis situations involving individuals with a mental illness
- Provide education on resources available in the community for individuals with a mental illness and other relevant resources, including how to establish linkages with school and/or community-based mental health agencies
Additional expectations and required activities are listed in the application instructions.
Grantees will be expected to develop and implement an impact statement/action plan to enhance equity for populations that experience behavioral health disparities, including rural and tribal communities.
Eligible applicants include:
- State and territories, including the District of Columbia
- Political subdivisions of states
- Tribal organizations
- Private nonprofit entities
Award ceiling: $200,000 per year
Project period: Up to 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 22
Estimated total program funding: $4,412,361
At least 2 grant awards will be made to tribes or tribal organizations.
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.