Adult Drug Court Discretionary Program: Implementation and Enhancement Grants
This program provides grants to establish new drug courts or enhance existing drug court programs using evidence-based principles and practices. Drug courts that may be funded include:
- Adult Drug Court
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)/Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Court
- Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Health Court
- Veterans Treatment Court Types A and B
- Tribal Healing to Wellness Court
The overall purpose of the program is to equip courts and community supervision systems with the necessary tools and resources, utilizing the most current evidence-based practices and principles, to intervene with participants who abuse substances while preparing them for success in the community.
Program objectives include:
- Assisting courts that utilize evidence-based practices and principles, which are incorporated into the National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP) drug court standards
- Building and maximizing the capacity of jurisdictions to ensure that all potential participants are identified and assessed for risk and need
- Ensuring all participants receive targeted evidence-based services
- Enhancing the provision of recovery support services for participants and their families, including transitional clean and sober housing assistance to reduce recidivism
- Reducing obstacles to successful recovery, including the provision of specified civil legal assistance
- Supporting strategies that ensure drug court practitioners have the tools to effectively manage these interventions, including data collection and analysis to inform system improvement, training and technical assistance, and tracking to improve drug court performance
Eligible applicants include:
- State and local courts
- Units of local government
- Federally recognized Indian tribal governments
Award ceiling: $500,000
Project period: 4 years
Estimated number of awards: 40
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.