Rural Health Integration Models for Parents and Children to Thrive
Rural Health Integration Models for Parents and Children to Thrive (Short Title: Rural Health IMPACT) will provide funding to a single entity to support 3 demonstration sites through intensive technical assistance and training, as well as provide universal technical assistance to the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting and Early Childhood Comprehensive Systems Programs.
The purpose of the Rural Health IMPACT program is to implement evidence-based, two-generational strategies that promote health and well-being of children, ages birth to 3 years, and create economic opportunities for their families, including:
- Ensuring rural children and their families have access to high-quality health, development, education, and family support services that are aligned and coordinated
- Improving early identification of and intervention for families who have experienced or are at-risk for adverse childhood experiences, maternal depression, and other mental health issues, substance use disorders including opioid use and related neonatal abstinence syndrome, as well as other factors that lead to poor health and social outcomes for rural families
- Developing, implementing, and expanding two-generational strategies that effectively link children and their families to services to encourage children’s healthy development and help families overcome barriers to achieving economic security and self-sufficiency
Project activities should:
- Build on the lessons learned from the initial Rural IMPACT Program
- Identify 3 demonstration sites and provide extensive technical assistance
- Provide universal technical assistance to additional HRSA-funded programs through identification and dissemination of resources
Eligible applicants include domestic public or private entities, including tribes, tribal organizations, domestic faith-based organizations, and community-based organizations.
Award ceiling: $600,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.