Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Expansion Grants
The Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic Expansion Grants Program (Short title: CCBHC Expansion Grants) provides funding for the expansion of Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics to increase access to and improve the quality of community behavioral health services, with an emphasis on services for individuals with serious mental illness or substance use disorders, including opioid disorders; children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbance; and individuals with co-occurring disorders.
Grants must be used to provide:
- Crisis mental health services, including 24-hour mobile crisis teams, emergency crisis intervention services, and crisis stabilization
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis
- Comprehensive outpatient mental health and substance use services
- Outpatient primary care screening and monitoring of key health indicators and health risk
- Clinical monitoring for adverse effects of medications including monitoring for metabolic syndrome
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Social support opportunities through established models
- Development of comprehensive community recovery supports including peer support, counselor services, and family supports
- Intensive community-based mental healthcare for members of the armed forces and veterans, particularly those members and veterans located in rural areas
- Assertive community treatment
Eligible applicants are certified community behavioral health clinics or community-based behavioral health clinics who may not yet be certified but meet the certification criteria and can be certified within 4 months of award.
Award ceiling: $2,000,000 per year
Project period: Up to 2 years
Estimated number of awards: 25
Estimated total program funding: $47,951,359
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.