Pediatric Mental Health Care Access Program
For programmatic or technical questions:
Madhavi M. Reddy, MSPH
Cara de la Cruz
For grants management or budget questions:
The Pediatric Mental Health Care Access Program provides funding to promote behavioral health integration in pediatric primary care by supporting the development of new, or the improvement of existing, statewide or regional pediatric mental healthcare telehealth access programs.
The program goals are to:
- Increase the availability and accessibility of statewide or regional networks of pediatric mental health teams composed of child and adolescent psychiatrists, licensed mental health professionals, and case coordinators through telehealth consultation and referral to pediatric primary care practitioners caring for children and adolescents with behavioral disorders
- Conduct training and provide technical assistance to primary care providers to enable them to conduct early identification, diagnosis, and treatment for children with behavioral health conditions
- Provide information to pediatric providers about, and assist pediatric providers in accessing pediatric mental healthcare providers, with the overarching goal of providing timely detection, assessment, treatment, and referral of children and adolescents with behavioral health disorders through telehealth, using evidence-based practices and methods such as web-based education and training sessions
- Improve access through telehealth to treatment and referral services for children and adolescents with identified behavioral health disorders, especially those living in rural and other underserved areas
- Establish and sustain the use of telehealth technologies, modalities, and care models
Eligible applicants include:
- Political subdivisions of states
- Tribal organizations
Estimated award amount: $445,000 per
Project period: 4 years
Estimated number of awards: 3
Estimated total program funding: $1,335,000
A 20% non-federal match is required.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.