Rural Residency Planning and Development Program Technical Assistance
The Federal Office of Rural Health Policy intends to enter into a cooperative agreement to establish a technical assistance (TA) center that will support HRSA’s anticipated 2019 Rural Residency Planning and Development (RRPD) program.
Program objectives include:
- Promote the process of rural residencies-to-rural pipeline by assisting with the development of new rural family medicine, internal medicine, or psychiatry residency programs
- Support efforts to establish or maintain new rural residency programs, including assisting new programs to successfully achieve accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Assist with identifying, qualifying for, and securing, as applicable, Medicare graduate medical education funding and/or other sustainable pathways of funding rural residencies
- Establish and promote a network or consortium of rural residency programs to identify successful strategies, promote promising practices, and identify policy challenges
- Promote rural residency training to medical students
Priority for TA will be RRPD program awardees; however, if resources are available, TA may be provided to other entities that would have been eligible for the RRPD program but did not apply and applicants that were not selected for a RRPD program award.
Eligible applicants are any domestic public or private nonprofit entities including:
- Faith-based and community-based organizations
- State governments and their agencies
- Public universities, colleges, and research institutions
- Local governments or their bona fide agents
- Federally recognized tribal governments, tribes, and tribal organizations
Award ceiling: $800,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Number of awards: 1
Estimated total program funding: $2,400,000 over the entire project period
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
Applicant webinar recording:
Playback number: 888.203.1112
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.