California Workforce Education and Training Education Capacity: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
The California Workforce Education and Training (WET) program provides funding for the supervision of Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners in the California Public Mental Health System.
Funding will allow Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) programs to:
- Provide integrated primary and behavioral health services
- Provide the full spectrum of nursing competencies
- Ensure PMHNP students work on multi-disciplinary teams
- Prepare PMHNPs to deliver public mental health services that promote wellness, recovery, and resilience
- Encourage members from unserved, underserved, and culturally diverse populations to participate in the Education Capacity PMHNP program
- Provide clinical supervision that leads to PMHNP students’ certification by the Board of Registered Nursing
- Encourage PMHNP students to continue working in the PMHS after they complete their certification requirements
Rural areas and Native American Rancherias/reservations are considered underserved and culturally diverse in the application instructions.
Eligible applicants include:
- Any accredited PMHNP program in California that includes as part of its application a Statement of Agreement with a county, multiple counties, or a community-based organization
- A county or group of counties, with one county acting as the fiscal sponsor, that has a clinical preceptor contract with a PMHNP program
- A community-based organization that has a clinical preceptor contract with a PMHNP program
Additional eligibility requirements are listed in the application instructions.
Award ceiling: $1,250,000
Project period: 2 years
Estimated total program funding: $5,000,000
Submit completed applications to:
Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development
Attn: Contracts Analyst
Procurement and Contracting Services
2020 West El Camino Avenue, Ste. 1000
Sacramento, CA 95833
Education Capacity - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
DO NOT OPEN
In addition to the hard copy, submit an electronic copy of the application by sending a CD in the mailed materials or by email to OSHPD.MHSAWET@oshpd.ca.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.