Alabama AHEC Scholars Program
East Central Alabama AHEC
North Alabama AHEC
Southeast Alabama AHEC
Southern Alabama AHEC
West Central Alabama AHEC
Adrian Collier, MEd
Alabama AHEC Scholars is a multidisciplinary certificate program for certain health professions students that offers opportunities for hands-on training, experience in rural and underserved communities, and networking with other students and professionals.
This program requires a 2 year commitment and consists of classroom or online instruction and hands-on clinical training in addition to the regular coursework required by the degree program.
AHEC Scholars is a program of the National AHEC Organization that is implemented by local, statewide, and regional AHECs. Core topic areas covered in the curriculum include:
- Interprofessional education
- Behavioral health integration
- Social determinants of health
- Cultural competency
- Practice transformation
- Current and emerging health issues
Alabama AHEC Scholars must:
- Be enrolled in an Alabama college-level health professions training program of at least 2 years in length
- Have reliable transportation
- Have reliable access to Wi-Fi
- Be eligible to work in the United States
Health profession programs include, but are not limited to:
- Nurse practitioner
- Physician assistant
- Public health
- Social work
This program is provided at no cost to participating scholars. Other benefits are described on each regional program website.
Choose the appropriate regional AHEC Scholars link based on the map on the program website.
- East Central Alabama AHEC
- North Alabama AHEC
- Southeast Alabama AHEC
- Southern Alabama AHEC
- West Central Alabama AHEC
Each region may have specific eligibility requirements and application deadlines.
- Alabama AHEC Network, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.