Illinois AHEC Scholars Program
Hana Hinkle, MPH
The Illinois AHEC Scholars Program is a multidisciplinary certificate program for certain health professions students that offers opportunities for hands-on training, experience in rural and underserved communities, and networking with other students and professionals.
This program requires a 2 year commitment. Scholars participate in:
- Monthly online, self-paced seminars
- Job shadowing
- Career coaching
- Two summer institutes (one per year)
- Underserved health experiences (3-day immersion experience in an underserved community)
- Interprofessional community service learning project
AHEC Scholars is a program of the National AHEC Organization that is implemented by local, statewide, and regional AHECs. Core topic areas covered in the curriculum include:
- Interprofessional education
- Behavioral health integration
- Social determinants of health
- Cultural competency
- Practice transformation
Health professions students in Illinois are eligible to apply.
This program is provided at no cost to participating scholars.
Information on how to apply is available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.