New York AHEC Scholars Program
The New York AHEC Scholars Program is a multidisciplinary certificate program for health professions students that offers opportunities for hands-on training, experience in rural and underserved communities, and networking with other students and professionals.
This program requires a 2 year commitment and consists of 40 hours of classroom or online instruction and 40 hours of hands-on community-based experiential training each year in addition to the regular coursework required by the degree program.
AHEC Scholars is a program of the National AHEC Organization that is implemented by local, statewide, and regional AHECs. Core topic areas covered in the curriculum include:
- Interprofessional education
- Behavioral health integration
- Social determinants of health
- Cultural competency
- Practice transformation
- Current and emerging health issues
Eligible applicants must be:
- Currently matriculated into an accredited allied health or health professional degree/certificate program
- Able to devote a minimum of 2 hours per week throughout the duration of the 2-year program
- Interested in improving health quality for all individuals, regardless of background
This program is provided at no cost to participating scholars.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.