Technical Assistance for Small, Rural, Vulnerable Hospitals
The Texas A and M University Rural and Community Health Institute provides targeted technical assistance for rural hospitals to improve quality of care, maintain access to care, and address the challenges that are unique to small hospitals and the towns they serve. Assistance may be on-site and/or remote.
Common technical assistance support requests include:
- Finance challenges
- Community engagement
- Hospital board challenges
- Grant writing
Eligible participants are short-term, non-federal general facilities:
- Located outside Metropolitan Core Based Statistical Areas
- Located within Metropolitan areas in locations with Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) codes of 4 or greater
- Facilities in any location participating in Medicare as Critical Access Hospitals
- Operated by tribes and tribal organizations
Entities already receiving HRSA funding are ineligible. SHIP and FLEX program participants may apply.
This is a technical assistance opportunity. 30 hospitals are selected each year to participate.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.