AmeriCorps VISTA Sponsoring Agency Request for Concept Papers
AmeriCorps VISTA is a program that provides resources and staffing for organizations and agencies working to alleviate poverty and address poverty-related problems in local communities.
AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at sponsoring organizations, and serve for one year at approximately 40 hours per week addressing issues which have been locally identified as community priorities. The project goals and activities are designed to build the sponsor's capacity to serve low-income communities.
- Economic opportunity: Employment, workforce development, and federal benefit access
- Education: School readiness; K-12 success; career and technical education; college access and success; remote learning; and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs
- Healthy futures: Access to healthcare (particularly in response to COVID-19 and the opioid crisis), including mental health services
- Veterans and military families: Economic opportunity, education, and healthy futures
- Environmental stewardship: Anti-poverty initiatives that focus on environmental stewardship and climate change in low-income communities
- Priority populations: Rural communities, Indian country, and areas of concentrated poverty
Additional priority consideration will be given to projects that address racial equity in VISTA priority areas and populations.
Eligible VISTA sponsors include:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Native nations and native led organizations
- Public and nonprofit schools
- State and local government agencies
For placed VISTA members, the program provides a modest living allowance depending on the county in which the VISTA serves, travel/relocation costs, health benefits, and childcare benefits if eligible. Members also receive either the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or an end-of-service cash stipend upon successful completion of their full year of service.
A link to application instructions is available on the program website.
Submit a concept paper through the eGrants system. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full application.
- AmeriCorps, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.