AmeriCorps VISTA Sponsoring Agency Request for Concept Papers
Contact the appropriate state office.
AmeriCorps VISTA is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) that provides resources and staffing for organizations and agencies working to alleviate poverty and address poverty-related problems in local communities.
AmeriCorps VISTA members are placed at sponsoring organizations, and serve approximately 40 hours per week addressing issues which have been locally identified as community priorities. The project goals and activities are designed to build the sponsor's capacity to serve low-income communities.
- Economic opportunity: Employment, workforce development, housing, and broadband access in rural and tribal areas
- Education: School readiness; K-12 success; career and technical education; college access and success; and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) programs
- Healthy futures: Access to healthcare; food security; mental health services; and opioid misuse, prevention, intervention, and recovery
- Veterans and military families: Economic opportunity, education, and opioid prevention/recovery
- Priority populations: Rural communities, Indian country, and areas of concentrated poverty
Eligible VISTA sponsors include:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Native American Tribes
- State, city, and local government agencies
In FY 2020, AmeriCorps VISTA plans to support approximately 8,100 full-time VISTA members and Summer Associates who will serve with approximately 850 sponsors.
For placed VISTA members, CNCS provides a modest living allowance depending on the county in which the VISTA serves, health benefits, and childcare benefits if eligible. Members also receive either the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or an end-of-service cash stipend upon successful completion of their full year of service.
Cost sharing by the sponsoring agency is encouraged.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.