Leveraging Health Information Technology (Health IT) to Address Minority Health and Health Disparities (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
Peer review contact:
Peer review contact information will appear in the applicant's eRA Commons account approximately 2 weeks after the submission date.
This program provides funding for research that examines how health information technology adoption impacts minority health and health disparity populations in access to care, quality of care, patient engagement, and health outcomes.
Specific areas of research interest are listed by institute in the application instructions.
Projects should include a focus on one or more NIH-designated health disparity populations, which include:
- Blacks/African Americans
- American Indians/Alaska Natives
- Asians, Native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged populations of any race
- Underserved rural populations
- Sexual and gender minorities
Eligible applicants include:
- Higher education institutions
- Public/state controlled institutions
- Private institutions
- Minority serving institutions are encouraged to to apply.
- Nonprofit organizations
- With 501(c)(3) status
- Without 501(c)(3) status
- Native American tribal organizations
- Faith-based or community-based organizations
- Regional organizations
- City or township
- Special districts
- Federally recognized Indian/Native American tribal governments
- Indian/Native American tribal governments (other than federally recognized)
- U.S. territory or possession
- Independent school districts
- Public housing authorities
- Indian housing authorities
- Small businesses
- For-profit organizations
Application budgets are not limited but need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project.
The maximum project period is 5 years.
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
While not required, potential applicants are encouraged to submit a letter of intent at least 30 days prior to application submission. Request letter of intent procedures from the appropriate research contact.
Standard NIH application due dates for R01 applications apply to this funding opportunity. The opportunity expires on May 07, 2025.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- National Institutes of Health, view details
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.