Networks for Oral Health Integration within the Maternal and Child Health Safety Net
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
Maria Teresa Canto, DDS, MS, MPH
For grants management or budget
Ms. Ernsley P. Charles
This program provides grants to improve access to and delivery of comprehensive, quality oral healthcare for children, 0–17 years of age, by testing and establishing models of care utilizing specified collective strategies.
- Enhanced integration of oral healthcare into Maternal and Child Health (MCH) safety net services
- Increased knowledge and skills among healthcare providers for delivering optimal dental services
- Increased knowledge and awareness of preventive oral health practices among parents/caregivers to increase adoption of these behaviors including use of needed dental services
MCH safety net settings include:
- Community health centers
- Migrant health centers
- School-based health centers
- Rural health clinics
- Tribally operated health clinics
- Local health department clinics
- Community and teaching hospitals
- Medicaid managed care organizations
The target population is children 0-17 years of age and children and youth with special healthcare needs.
Eligible applicants are any domestic public or private entity, including tribes, tribal organization, faith-based organizations, and community-based organizations.
Award ceiling: $1,283,333 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 3
Estimated total program funding: $3,850,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
February 7, 2019
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Call-in number: 888.603.9071
Participant code: 4095307
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.