Maine Certification Program for Primary Care Tax Credit
This program provides a tax credit for eligible primary care professionals working in underserved areas of Maine who are paying outstanding student loans.
Eligible applicants are primary care professionals working in underserved areas of Maine, including:
- Physician, M.D.
- Doctor of Osteopathy D.O.
- Physician Assistant, P.A.
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse A.P.R.N.
- Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist C.N.S.
- Certified Nurse Midwife C.N.M.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner C.N.P
- Registered Nurse R.N.
- Licensed Practical Nurse L.P.N.
Additional eligibility requirements may be found in the Maine Legislature Statutes.
The income tax credit claimed may not exceed:
- $6,000 in the first year of certification
- $9,000 in the second year
- $12,000 in the third year
- $15,000 in the fourth year
- $18,000 in the fifth year
10 professionals will be certified each year.
Applications must be postmarked by February 18, 2021. Mail completed applications to:
Director, Rural Health and Primary Care Program
Maine Center for Disease Control
11 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0011
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.