West Virginia Summer Academy
The Summer Academy is a hands-on residential academy at the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine for undergraduate students in West Virginia who aspire to become physicians and want to prepare for medical school.
The academy will take place June 10-14, 2019.
Participants will learn:
- Interviewing skills
- Study skills
- Tips for the medical school admissions process
- Hands-on clinical skills
- Wound care
- Useful information from medical students, physician residents, and faculty
Eligibility requirements include:
- West Virginia residents who are currently enrolled in a WV public or private accredited college or university and are in good academic standing
- Passed a minimum of 30 earned college hours
- A minimum overall college GPA of at least a 3.00 strongly preferred
- A minimum composite score of 22 on the ACT or SAT equivalent (Critical Reading and Math) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated serious interest in a medical career
The academy is provided at no cost for selected students.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.