Hillman Emergent Innovation: Serious Illness and End of Life Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Application: May 30, 2023
The Hillman Emergent Innovation: Serious Illness and End of Life Program provides funding for creative, early stage nursing-driven innovations that target serious illness and end of life care for vulnerable populations, including:
- People who are economically disadvantaged
- Racial and ethnic minorities
- People who identify as LGBTQ
- Individuals who are homeless
- Rural populations
- Other groups that encounter barriers to accessing healthcare services
The program seeks proposals for bold, nursing-driven models of care that:
- Challenge conventional strategies for delivering and improving care to marginalized populations
- Demonstrate potential as a best-in-class intervention
- Narrow gaps in health equity
- Show potential for scalability
Additional priority consideration will be given to proposals that include one or more of the following:
- Build trust and credibility in programs or systems of care
- Engagement of patients, caregivers, and communities
- Inter-professional and multidisciplinary collaboration
- Institutional and community partnerships
- Provision of care in non-hospital settings
- Measurable goals and outcomes
Eligible applicants include:
- U.S. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that are not classified as private foundations
- International organizations that are the equivalent of U.S. 501(c)(3) organizations that are submitting a project that focuses within the United States
- Government entities
- Faith-based organizations that welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious belief
The Foundation welcomes applications from institutions and care settings from across the spectrum of care, and from practitioners representing a diverse range of backgrounds.
Award ceiling: $50,000
Project period: 12-18 months
Estimated number of awards: 10
A link to the application instructions is available on the program website.
Submit an initial application through the online grant portal by February 28, 2023. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal, with a deadline of May 30, 2023.
January 24, 2023
1:00 p.m. Eastern
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.