National Tribal Clearinghouse on Sexual Assault
The Office on Violence Against Women offers funding to establish a National Tribal Clearinghouses on Sexual Assault to provide training and technical assistance (TTA) designed to improve victim services for and the criminal and civil justice response to American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) sexual assault victims, as well as increase offender accountability for such crimes.
Funds may be used to:
- Create and maintain a website
- Provide training and technical assistance (TTA), including web-based, on-site, regional, or national TTA to a variety of organizations and service providers that work with significant numbers of AI/AN populations, both in Indian country and in urban areas
- Address the unique cultural and traditional need of AI/AN sexual assault victims
- Develop and strengthen training to improve SANE programs and other tribal medical responses, criminal justice responses, sexual assault advocacy, and systemic responses, such as CCR and SART
Priority is given to projects that meaningfully address the needs of underserved and marginalized survivors, improve access to justice, enhance survivor safety, hold offenders accountable, and build a coordinated community response to violence against women.
Additional priority will be given to applicants who propose innovative ways of reaching a national audience of entities addressing the sexual assault of AI/AN women, including tribal governments, tribal victim service providers, and tribal and non-tribal organizations within urban areas.
Eligible applicants include:
- National, tribal, statewide, and other nonprofit organizations with the capacity to provide nationwide TTA
- Institutions of higher education, including tribal colleges and universities with the capacity to provide nationwide tribal TTA
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Award floor: $500,000
Project period: 2 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
Estimated total program funding: $1,000,000
Applicants should submit an SF-424 and an SF-LLL in grants.gov by June 3, 2021.
Submit the full application, including attachments, in the JustGrants grants management system by June 10, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.