Rural Business Development Grant Program: Technical Assistance for Rural Transportation Systems
The Rural Business Development Grant Program offers funding to provide technical assistance and training to rural communities nationwide for the purpose of improving passenger transportation services and/or facilities.
Activities should include:
- Provision of on-site technical assistance for tribal, local and regional governments, public transit agencies, and related nonprofit and for-profit organizations in rural areas
- The development of training materials
- Provision of training assistance for local officials and agencies in rural areas
USDA encourages applicants to consider projects that will promote equity and economic opportunity in rural America, specifically those that advance key priorities:
- Containing the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ensuring racial equity
- Rebuilding rural economies
- Addressing the climate crisis
Eligible applicants are organizations with experience in providing technical assistance and training to rural communities nationwide for the purpose of improving passenger transportation service or facilities.
A single $500,000 grant for rural transportation system technical assistance
A single $250,000 grant for transportation system technical assistance for federally recognized native American tribes
The project period is 2 years.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.