Rural Business Development Grant Program: Technical Assistance for Rural Transportation Systems
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Rural Business Development Grant Program offers funding to provide technical assistance and training to rural communities nationwide for the purpose of improving passenger transportation services and/or facilities.
Activities should include:
- Provision of on-site technical assistance for tribal, local and regional governments, public transit agencies, and related nonprofit and for-profit organizations in rural areas
- The development of training materials
- Provision of training assistance for local officials and agencies in rural areas
USDA encourages applicants to consider projects that will promote equity and economic opportunity in rural America, specifically those that advance key priorities:
- Assisting rural area in recovering economically more and better market opportunities and improved infrastructure
- Ensuring all rural residents have equitable access to RD programs and benefits from RD funded projects
- Reducing climate pollution and increasing resilience to the impacts of climate change through economic support to rural communities
Eligible applicants are organizations with experience in providing technical assistance and training to rural communities nationwide for the purpose of improving passenger transportation service or facilities.
Grants of $500,000 for rural transportation system technical assistance
Grants of $250,000 for transportation system technical assistance for federally recognized native American tribes
The project period is 1 year.
Application instructions are provided on the program website.
Submit paper applications by delivery or mail to the appropriate USDA state office.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, view details
- USDA Rural Development, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.