Local Food Promotion Program
The Local Food Promotion Program provides grants to support the development, coordination, and expansion of local and regional food business enterprises to help increase access and availability to locally and regionally produced agricultural products.
Funding may support two types of projects.
Planning Grants for the planning
stages of establishing or expanding a local and
regional food business enterprise
- Market research
- Feasibility studies
- Business planning
Implementation Grants for establishing
a new local and regional food business enterprise, or
to improve or expand an existing local or regional food
- Training and technical assistance for the business enterprise and/or for producers working with the business enterprise
- Outreach and marketing to buyers and consumers
- Non-construction infrastructure improvements to business enterprise facilities and information technology systems
Priority will be given to projects that benefit communities located in areas of concentrated poverty with limited access to supermarkets
Eligible entities include:
- Agricultural businesses and cooperatives
- Producer networks and associations
- Community supported agriculture networks and associations
- Other agricultural business entities (for-profit groups)
- Nonprofit and public benefit corporations
- Economic development corporations
- Regional farmers market authorities
- Local and tribal governments
Estimated number of awards: 60
Estimated total program funding: $115,000,000
Award size varies by project type.
- Planning Grants:
- Award ceiling: $100,000 per year
- Award floor: $25,000 per year
- Project period: 18 months
- Implementation Grants:
- Award ceiling: $500,000 per year
- Award floor: $100,000 per year
- Project period: 3 years
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov. The application instructions will be found on the related documents tab.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.