Rural Communities Opioid Response Program - Medication-Assisted Treatment (RCORP-MAT) Access
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
For programmatic or technical
For grants management or budget
This program (short title: RCORP-MAT Access) provides funding to establish new Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) access points and increase capacity for the provision of sustainable MAT services in high-risk rural communities, thus increasing access to evidence-based treatment for individuals with opioid use disorder (OUD) living in rural areas.
While the program supports MAT for the treatment of OUD, recipients are encouraged to target alcohol use disorder (AUD) if the need exists.
Program goals include:
- Establish new MAT access points to provide both medications and supportive services to individuals with OUD and/or AUD in rural communities
- Enhance the MAT workforce through recruitment, training, and the development of peer mentorship networks
- Build community capacity and infrastructure to support more effective and efficient MAT service provision
- Ensure sustainability of the new MAT access points through improved billing and coding, as well as enrollment of eligible individuals into health insurance
Proposals that include health disparity populations, such as racial and ethnic minorities, people who are pregnant, adolescents and youth, LGBTQ+, veterans, socioeconomically disadvantaged populations, the elderly, individuals with disabilities, are also encouraged.
Applicants must be domestic public or private, nonprofit or for-profit organizations, including federally recognized tribes and tribal organizations.
Proposed MAT access points must be located in a HRSA-designated rural area and cannot currently provide MAT as a clinical service.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000 per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 10
Estimated total program funding: $10,000,000
HRSA expects that MAT programs established using RCORP-MAT Access funding will be self-sustaining by the end of the period of performance.
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
June 23, 2022
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Call-in number: 833.568.8864
Participant code: 160 096 3647
- RCORP - Medication Assisted Treatment Access Grantee Directory: 2022 Cohort, 03/2023, view details
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, view details
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.