Health Center Facility Loan Guarantee Program
Online contact forms
The HRSA Health Center Facility Loan Guarantee Program facilitates access to capital funding and reduces financing costs for health centers by guaranteeing up to 80% of financing needed to support capital infrastructure projects. After approving a loan guarantee, HRSA monitors the loan repayment status and assesses the operational/financial viability of the health center during the life of the loan.
Funding may be used for the construction, expansion, alteration, renovation, and modernization of health center medical facilities.
Eligible health centers must be active Health Center Program awardees, as defined under section 330 of the Public Health Services Act.
While there is no limit on loan size, the program has typically guaranteed loans for projects of $5 - $7 million or more.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Health centers interested in applying should email LGProgram@hrsa.gov and provide the following information:
- Health center name and H80 Award Number
- Anticipated project scope
- Type of construction activity (new construction, renovation, new site, replacement facility)
- Total project cost
- Financing needs and potential lender(s)
- Timeline and status of project planning and financing
HRSA staff will follow-up to identify the specific items that will be needed for a full application.
Links to additional guidance, program resources, forms, and technical assistance are available on the program website
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
- Bureau of Primary Health Care, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.