Alaska Suicide Prevention Grant
The GCI Suicide Prevention Grant provides funding for projects and organizations whose goal is to reduce the rates of suicide in Alaska and promote mental wellness through strengthened community and personal connections. Preference will be given to projects that are located in rural Alaska or programs that reach rural communities in Alaska.
- Result in long term change by creating family, school, and community support systems
- Help grow or support programs that have already demonstrated success in Alaska or in small communities in the lower 48 states
- Support programs that have been embraced and that will be sustained by the community
- Support work that is happening on multiple levels including prevention, intervention, and crisis response
- Conceived or managed by local entities or by any entity that demonstrates a willingness to work with the local community or be advised and/or guided by local planning
- Reflects Alaska cultural considerations
Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofit or equivalent organizations located in the state of Alaska. Equivalent organizations may include tribes, schools, churches, local government agencies and programs.
Award ceiling: $20,000
Project period: 1 year
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.