National Indian Health Board Outstanding Service Awards
The National Indian Health Board (NIHB) Outstanding Service Awards recognize individuals, organizations, and youth whose leadership and work has affected change or impacted healthcare on the local, tribal, regional, and/or national level.
Award categories are:
- Local Impact Award - Acknowledges an individual or organization whose work has affected change or impacted healthcare on the local and/or tribal level
- Area/Regional Impact Award - Pays tribute to an individual or organization whose work has contributed to improving American Indian/Alaska Native healthcare or has affected change on an area or regional basis
- National Impact Award - Honors an individual or organization whose work has made an impact on American Indian/Alaska Native healthcare on a national level
- Jake Whitecrow Award - Recognizes an individual or organization with outstanding lifetime achievements in elevating healthcare advocacy, raising awareness, or affecting positive change for American Indian and Alaska Native healthcare.
- Youth Leadership Award - Commends a young American Indian or Alaska Native aged 14-22 for leadership and outstanding efforts to increase the quality of healthcare or awareness of health issues within a peer group or community on a local or national level
Awardees will be announced at the NIHB Annual Heroes in Native Health Gala taking place virtually as part of the NIHB National Tribal Health Conference, October 13 - 16, 2020.
Eligible awardees are individuals, organizations, and programs that have significantly contributed to improving the health status, policy, and/or health systems experienced by American Indians and Alaska Natives.
Awards are honorary.
Number of awards given:
- Local Impact Award - 24
- Area/Regional Impact Award - 12
- National Impact Award - 6
- Jake Whitecrow Award - 1
- Youth Leadership Award - 1
Additional information and the online nomination form are available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.