Indian Housing Block Grant Program
The Indian Housing Block Grant (IHBG) Program provides grants to develop, maintain, and operate affordable housing in safe and healthy environments on American Indian reservations and in other American Indian areas, and to carry out other affordable housing activities that benefit low-income American Indian families.
Examples of outcomes may include, but are not limited to:
- Reduction in the number of families living in substandard housing
- Reduction in overcrowding
- Increase in homeownership rates
- Reduction of drug-related crime
- Elimination of health-related hazards
- Increased units connected to utilities
- Accessibility for persons with disabilities
- Improved energy efficiency
Eligible applicants include Indian Tribes and Tribally designated housing entities.
Award ceiling: $5,000,000
Award floor: $100,000
Project period: Up to 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 20
Estimated total program funding: $91,013,382
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.