Health Care Transportation Access "Ready-to-Launch" Implementation Grants
The National Center for Mobility Management provides grants to support communities that are ready to take concrete steps toward implementing transportation solutions to address healthcare access.
The goals of the Health Care Transportation Access "Ready-to-Launch" program are to:
- Provide funding for a limited launch of an innovative transportation solution that provides the target population improved access to healthcare services
- Test the feasibility of the innovative transportation solution in real-world conditions in the marketplace, so the community-based team can learn where its solution needs to be further revised
- Assist community-based teams in preparing for a full-scale roll-out of their solutions
- Guide the team in gathering outcome data that can bolster its request for sustainable funding of the solution
Funds may be used for activities such as:
- Innovative expansion/revision of existing transportation options
- Innovative partnerships between transportation and healthcare services
- Implementation of an innovative transportation service that aligns better with patient needs
- Mobility management services
- Improved knowledge among the target population of transportation options to healthcare destinations
- Improved coordination of existing transportation services
Eligible applicants are designated or direct recipients for funds under 49 U.S.C. 5307, 5310, or 5311, or an eligible subrecipient of these funds.
Eligible subrecipients include:
- State government authorities
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- Operators of public transportation
All sizes of communities are encouraged to apply.
Award ceiling: $75,000
Estimated number of awards: 3
Teams are expected to have their limited launch last at least 2 months, followed by 2-4 weeks to process learning from the limited launch. The latest date for putting the plan into action is November 1, 2019. All activities must be completed by February 15, 2020.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.