Capacity Building Program for Non-Land Grant Colleges of Agriculture
This program provides grants for Non-Land Grant Colleges of Agriculture to assist in maintaining and expanding their capacity to conduct education, research, and outreach/extension activities related to food, agriculture, natural resources, and human sciences.
Projects that integrate social and biological sciences to address many of the challenges facing agriculture and rural communities are a priority, such as:
- Increasing global demand for food production in the face of limited natural resources
- Improving health and reducing obesity by engaging in healthy lifestyles and consuming healthy diets
- Alleviating poverty by fostering economic opportunity
Grant types include:
- Regular Grants: Support a specified level of effort for a predetermined project period without the announced intention of providing additional support at a future date
- Planning Activity/Conference: Facilitate strategic planning session(s) required of faculty, industry, professional association, community leaders, or other necessary participants for the specific purpose of developing a formal plan leading to a subsequent submission of a collaborative grant
- Collaborative Grants: Support projects with at least one additional partner or a multi-partner approach
Applications may be submitted by Non-Land Grant Colleges of Agriculture certified by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture at the time of application.
Award ceiling: $750,000
Award floor: $30,000
Project period: Up to 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 17
Estimated total program funding: $4,700,000
Award amounts depend on the project type.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.