Circle of Life Award: Celebrating Innovation in Palliative and End-of-Life Care
The Circle of Life Award honors innovative programs and organizations of any size, location and affiliation that care for patients with serious or life-limiting illness and provide best practices and models for the field.
Awardees are organizations making progress in one or more of the following areas:
- Ensuring equitable access to care
- Partnering with payers, other providers, community groups and faith communities
- Developing meaningful measures and metrics to track progress
- Implementing nontraditional models of care delivery and payment
- Fully integrating palliative care into a system of care or a community
- Making palliative care financially sustainable
Awards will be presented at the AHA Leadership Summit in San Diego on July 17-19, 2022.
Rural organizations have received the award in the past.
All organizations or groups in the United States that provide palliative or end-of-life care are eligible for the award.
Awardees are end-of-life care programs that:
- Serve individuals with serious and life-limiting illness, their families, and their communities
- Demonstrate effective, patient/family-centered, timely, safe, efficient, and equitable care to patients with serious and life-limiting illness
- Use innovative approaches to meeting critical needs and serve as sustainable, replicable models
- Pursue quality improvement consistent with the National Consensus Project (NCP) Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care, NHPCO Standards of Practice for Hospice Programs or other widely-accepted standards, within their resources and capabilities
- Address physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural needs throughout the disease trajectory
Up to 3 awards are presented each year.
The award pays the travel expenses for one representative from each honoree to attend the AHA Leadership Summit, as well as complimentary registration for all attendees from the organizations being awarded.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.